Apply For Government Grants
The Ontario Senior Community Program is taking applications now.
Watch my "How To" video on YouTube.
Download the Senior Community Grant Program documentation at:
Contact me for information or assistance:
Could your Club use $25,000 in 2021?
Could your Club use $25,000 for several years in a row to support membership recruitment, greens improvement, renovations, and other projects?
The federal New Horizons grant program has supported activities at lawn bowling clubs since the 1970s. My first club in the 1970s received 3 grants for a new mower, de-thatcher and new lighting. Other clubs use it for smaller coloured club bowls, other bowls equipment, advertising, and promotional items to grow their clubs. Your club can use it to improve facilities, recruit members and revitalize your club. The deadline for 2020 applications is October 20.
Here is a database of sample successful lawn bowling club application to look at:
To read the files in this link you will need Adobe Acrobat DC or Foxit Reader.
Read about the program here:
Read the application guide here:
We can help you in the following ways:
1) Provide generic New Horizons grants templates that you can edit rather than start from scratch
2) A video on how to apply and what to watch out for
3) A database of successful applications that you can consult
4) Active help in creating and reviewing your application before you send it in
5) Assistance in dealing with government questions on your grant application
6) Assistance in dealing with the paperwork associated with administering the grant
What do clubs normally apply for?
1) Bowls equipment - coloured small lawn bowls, mats, jacks, scoreboards, accessibility equipment like bowling arms or Ubi Launchers
2) Training for club coaches
3) Greens equipment - mowers, de-thatchers, aerators, rollers
4) New appliances for your club house
5) Short mat setups for demonstrations and for club play
6) Renovations to your club house
7) Ditch board replacement
8) Lighting replacement and upgrade
Take advantage of this program and apply by October 20, 2020.
Contact me for assistance.
Ontario Lawn Bowls Association Vice President and Grants Chair