Do you have an outline of the information to be presented?
Where (what city) will the seminars be given?
When will the seminars be given?
At this time I would expect that Highland Park will send between 2 and 4 members,
depending in part on the questions I have posed.
I’ll be very interested in integrated pest management session, given that virtually all
chemical means are effectively unavailable to us. Also interested in leads for used greens
maintenance equipment. Also professional contractor services (we currently do all our
maintenance by members).
Thanks looking forward to the sessions
At the last meeting I had with the University this was discussed:
- The benefits and strategies of top dressing
- Basic overview of turf disease and control (This is where IPM will be discussed.)
- Cultural practices - over-seeding, dethatching and aeration
- Weeds control and fertilizing.
- Strategies to raise the profile and prestige of the green keepers
- Plus there will be questions and answers at every seminar.
This will happen at the Guelph University Turf Institute in the city of Guelph.
No date has been set yet. As soon as I get more information I will post it on the OLBA web page.
Hope this helps.